McBride - Bumpus Genealogy
NOTE : The Information below is a Direct Lineage from
Alexander McBride to Present day McBride Family
FAMILY OF "SAMUEL J. & MARY DIADEMA COTTON McBRIDE"
IV Born Died
1063 SAMUEL J. McBRIDE ..................... 12 - 15 - 1839 7 - 16 - 1907
( 9th child & son of Alexander & Mary Armstromg McBride )
m. 9-14-1869 Mary Diadema Cotton .. 10 - 28 - 1843 10 - 26 - 1911
( 1st child & daughter of Hugh & Hannah PATTON COTTON )
SAMUEL J. McBRIDE enlisted in Company H, 78th Regt. Penna.
Vol. on its original organization at Butler, Pa., and was
mustered into service of the Untd States on the 17 th of
September, 1861 for the term of three years as Sergeant. He
received his commission as 2nd Lieutenant 11-25-1862. On
2-6-1862 . On 2-6-1863 he was commissioned as 1st Lieutenant
by command of Col.Sirwell. He assumed command of Co. H, 78th
Regt. 10-24-1864. Discharged 11-04-1864.
V GEN - CHILDREN of Samuel J. & Mary D. Cotton McBride
1196 EDWARD ALEXANDER McBRIDE .. 9 - 17 - 1870 3 - 06 - 1952
(1st child & son of Samuel J. & Mary D. Cotton McBride)
m. 12-25-1895 Lydia Ada ALLISON ....... 10 - 10 - 1873 3 - 27 - 1933
(dau of Andrew & Susan E. McFARLAND ALLISON)
1197 MARY GEMELLA McBRIDE ................. 1 - 19 - 1877 2 - 4 - 1969
(2nd child & dau of Samuel J. & Mary D. Cotton McBride)
m. (1197a) Wm. Cook ............................... 7 - 27 - 1876 12 - 5 - 1965
Daughter: Gertrude .......................... 1895 unknown
FAMILY OF EDWARD ALEXANDER & LYDIA ADA ALLISON McBRIDE
VI Born Died
1196 EDWARD ALEXANDER McBRIDE ... 9 - 17 - 1870 3 - 06 - 1952
( 1st child of Samuel J. & Mary D. Cotton McBride )
m. 12-25-1895 Lydia Ada Allison ............ 10 - 10 - 1873 3 - 27 - 1933
( dau of Andrew & Susan McFARLAND ALLISON )
VI GEN - CHILD of Edward A. & Lydia Ada Allison McBride
VII Born Died
1198 RALPH ALLISON McBRIDE ............... 1 - 30 - 1897 4 - 21 - 1983
( only child of Edward A. & Lydia Ada Allison McBride )
m. 8-10-1920 Margaret Eleanor Book ...... 7 - 10 - 1899 1 - 15 - 1984
( 4th ch & dau of Leander Moore & Sarah Catherine DAVIS BOOK )
RALPH ALLISON McBRIDE enlisted as a Private in Company C,
324th Field Signal Battallion 8-15-1918, at Butler Pa.
Honorably discharged at Camp Mead, Md. 1-25-1919
VII GEN - FAMILY OF RALPH ALLISON & ELEANOR BOOK McBRIDE
1199 EVELYN MAY McBRIDE ( Knox ) ............. 6 - 12 - 1922
1200 JAMES HAROLD McBRIDE ..................... 9 - 10 - 1923
1201 RALPH BOOK McBRIDE .......................... 2 - 01 - 1928
1202 JEAN ELEANOR McBRIDE ( Quinn ) ..... 6 - 29 - 1930
NOTE : The Family Descendancy starting with Alexander McBride and
Mary Armstrong along with their children's Children's children Etc. - 5 Generations - with many families and their surnames are included below
NOTE : The Family Descendancy starting with Alexander McBride & Mary
Armstrong along with their children's Children's children Etc. - 5 Generations - with many families and their surnames are included below the Direct Lineage.
& Mary Armstrong
Taken from the
History of the Armstrong Family
Thomas Elmer Armstrong 1939
Alexander McBride & Mary Armstrong
Taken from the
Chronicles of the Armstrongs - 6th Family
James Lewis Armstrong 1902
<<<------- .zip file of this Family Tree
Descendants of Alexander McBride & Mary Armstrong
Generation No. 1
1. ALEX 1 MCBRIDE He married MARY MCBRIDE.
Child of ALEX MCBRIDE and MARY MCBRIDE is:
2. i. ALEXANDER 2 MCBRIDE, b. 20 Dec 1795, Londonderry, Ireland; d. 14 Oct 1878, Lawerence County, PA.
Generation No. 2
2. ALEXANDER MCBRIDE (ALEX1)1 was born 20 Dec 1795 in Londonderry, Ireland, and died 14 Oct 1878 in Lawerence County, PA. He married MARY (POLLY) ARMSTRONG 20 May 1820 in Pennsylvania, daughter of DAVID SR and SARAH HARRIS. She was born 25 Jun 1795 in Westmoreland Co., Pa., and died 21 Apr 1847 in Pennsylvania.
Children of ALEXANDER MCBRIDE and MARY ARMSTRONG are:
3. i. DAVID ARMSTRONG3 MCBRIDE, b. 26 Feb 1821, Pennsylvania; d. 29 Sep 1879, Pennsylvania.
4. ii. REBECCA JANE MCBRIDE, b. 27 Jun 1823, Pennsylvania; d. 29 Aug 1909, Butler Co., Pa.
iii. ALEXANDER JR MCBRIDE, b. 23 Mar 1825, Pennsylvania; d. 03 Oct 1906, Harlansburg, Pa..
5. iv. THOMAS MCBRIDE, b. 18 Feb 1828, Slippery Rock, Butler Co., Pa.; d. 02 Jun 1904, Philadelphia, Pa..
6. v. SARAH ANN MCBRIDE, b. 14 Jan 1830, Pennsylvania; d. 11 Oct 1913, Pennsylvania.
7. vi. WILLIAM MCBRIDE, b. 11 Mar 1832, Pennsylvania; d. 13 Jul 1908, Pennsylvania.
8. vii. ROBERT MUNSON MCBRIDE, b. 22 Aug 1834, Butler Co., Pa; d. 03 Jun 1914, Westmoreland Co., Pa..
9. viii. GEORGE DENNISON MCBRIDE, b. 10 Jun 1837, Pennsylvania; d. 10 Mar 1916, Pennsylvania.
10. ix. SAMUEL J. MCBRIDE, b. 15 Dec 1839, Pennsylvania; d. 16 Jul 1907, Pennsylvania.
Generation No. 3
3. DAVID ARMSTRONG3 MCBRIDE (ALEXANDER2, ALEX1)1 was born 26 Feb 1821 in Pennsylvania, and died 29 Sep 1879 in Pennsylvania. He married ELIZABETH STRUTHERS1 16 Mar 1848, daughter of JOHN STRUTHERS and MARY DUFF. She was born 25 Oct 1825 in Ohio, and died 23 Jun 18851.
Children of DAVID MCBRIDE and ELIZABETH STRUTHERS are:
i. MARY ELIZABETH4 MCBRIDE, b. 26 Feb 1849; d. 18 Jun 1850.
ii. SARAH JANE MCBRIDE, b. 18 May 1851; d. 07 Jul 1852.
11. iii. ALEXANDER WALKER MCBRIDE, b. 01 Jun 1853; d. 25 Jan 1911.
iv. JOHN LAWRENCE MCBRIDE, b. 07 Jun 1855; d. 29 Oct 1858.
12. v. LAURA EMMA MCBRIDE, b. 15 Oct 1858.
13. vi. ANNA REBECCA MCBRIDE, b. 27 Feb 1861; d. 23 Jan 1939.
vii. JENNIE V. MCBRIDE, b. 09 Jan 1865; d. 05 May 1888.
14. viii. CHARLES MCBRIDE, b. 21 Dec 1867.
4. REBECCA JANE3 MCBRIDE (ALEXANDER2, ALEX1)1,1 was born 27 Jun 1823 in Pennsylvania, and died 29 Aug 1909 in Butler Co., Pa. She married AMAZIAH KELLY1 06 Feb 1845, son of JONATHAN SR and NANCY TAYLOR. He was born 08 Jun 1821 in Butler Co., Pa., and died 30 Apr 1895 in Butler, Co., Pa..
Children of REBECCA MCBRIDE and AMAZIAH KELLY are:
15. i. MARY MELISSA4 KELLY, b. 27 Oct 1846; d. 20 Jul 1934.
16. ii. SILAS WINFIELD KELLY, b. 01 Mar 1849; d. 15 Aug 1924.
17. iii. JOHN ALEXANDER KELLY, b. 27 Sep 1850; d. 25 Apr 1931.
iv. ROLAND ARMSTRONG KELLY, b. 20 Aug 1852; d. 06 Apr 1930; m. LYDE JOHNSON, 15 Sep 1892; b. 1858; d. 06 Dec 1920.
18. v. SARAH REBECCA KELLY, b. 28 Feb 1855; d. Pennsylvania.
vi. RUFUS ALONZO KELLY, b. 12 Dec 1856; d. 16 Dec 1863.
vii. LOYAL CECIL KELLY, b. 28 Sep 1858.
viii. EVA ANNETTA KELLY, b. 24 Feb 1861; d. 04 Dec 1899; m. HARRY LEASURE MCNEES, 04 Dec 1888; b. 1860; d. 1919.
ix. GEORGE WILLIAM KELLY, b. 01 Oct 1862; d. 26 Nov 1888.
19. x. HARRY LINCOLN KELLY, b. 16 Aug 1865.
5. THOMAS3 MCBRIDE (ALEXANDER2, ALEX1)1,1 was born 18 Feb 1828 in Slippery Rock, Butler Co., Pa., and died 02 Jun 1904 in Philadelphia, Pa.. He married ELIZA ANNETTA WINANS1 06 Nov 1856, daughter of HENRY WINANS and RACHEL MCCARTHEY. She was born 18 Sep 1834 in Milton, Trumball, Ohio, and died 12 Nov 1920 in New Castle, Lawerence Co., Pa..
Notes for THOMAS MCBRIDE:
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
The following was sent by N. Whitmer -
decendant of Robert Munson McBride
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Rigisters For Old Hotel
Of Early Eighties Found
- - - - - - - - - - -
Two hotel registers, Vintage 1880-1884, were found in the attic of the old Beisel home on the corner of Wallace and Jefferson avenues that present an interesting picture of the New Castle that was. The registers are to be donated to the New Castle Historical society by the Beisel heirs.
In fade script on yellowed paper the daily doings at the McBride House, Thomas McBride, proprietor, are chronicled. Much more than names and addresses of guests are found herein -- little sidelights of life in the 80's grace the remarks column that make for interesting reading.
For instance, every so often the remark, "Fraud, skipped," follows a name and usually the "fraud" was from New York City.
The McBride House, as far as can be learned, was not a very important hotel in New Castle and was probably not here for much more than ten years. Thomas McBride, proprietor, had his troubles in making a living -- we found a little note after November 19, 1884, that said sadly and a little bitterly: "Here seven years today, cash in hand 13c!! What shall the harvest be? "
But all was not sadness at the Mcbride House. At least once a year the opera company stopped there and then Thomas McBride, proprietor, wrote of songs and parities through the halls. On such gala days, he wrote in his finest script with elaborate lines and decorations.
The McBride House register had some strange and tragic entries. One guests name was followed by the notation that he had been killed by a P. & L.E. Railroad and " before he paid his bill, too."
An old paper-thin maple leaf was found pressed between Wednesday and Thursday, March 19 and 20, 1882, giving rise to the suspicion that Thomas McBride, proprietor, was either an amateur naturalist or a sentimentalist. Perhaps his girl picked the leaf for him.
The winter of 1881 was very cold compared with the weather we experience nowadays. Thomas McBride, proprietor, must have thought so too far it was the the only winter he bothered to record the temperatures. On February 22, 1881, the thermometer fell to 22 degrees below zero -- the lowest notation of the winter.
It was with reluntance that your reporter closed the registers for they brought the feeling of another quieter world close and shut out for a few moments the grimness of the present.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Children of THOMAS MCBRIDE and ELIZA WINANS are:
i. HENRY CRAWFORD4 MCBRIDE, b. 14 Sep 1857, Lawrence Co., Pa.; d. 08 Oct 1860, New Castle, Lawerence Co., Pa..
ii. MARY ESTELLA MCBRIDE, b. 12 Jul 1859, New Castle, Lawerence Co., Pa.; m. BENJAMIN BEISEL, 25 Oct 1883; b. 17 Nov 1859; d. 04 Dec 1922.
20. iii. WILLIAM WALLACE MCBRIDE, b. 24 May 1861, New Castle, Lawerence Co., Pa.; d. 27 Oct 1892, Philadelphia, Pa..
6. SARAH ANN3 MCBRIDE (ALEXANDER2, ALEX1)1,1 was born 14 Jan 1830 in Pennsylvania, and died 11 Oct 1913 in Pennsylvania1,1. She married SAMUEL BAILEY JR GILL 22 Sep 1850, son of SAMUEL GILL and MARY HALLOWAY. He was born 10 Feb 18211, and died 24 Jan 18991.
Children of SARAH MCBRIDE and SAMUEL GILL are:
i. LUTHER M.4 GILL, b. 03 Sep 1851; d. 01 Mar 1908.
21. ii. WILLIAM ALEXANDER GILL, b. 19 Jul 1855; d. 06 May 1906.
iii. MARY ELLA GILL, b. 19 Jul 1863; m. ALMON J. LIKENS, 06 Apr 1909; b. 02 Oct 1850.
22. iv. SAMUEL ARMSTRONG GILL, b. 10 Sep 1867; d. 26 Dec 1916.
7. WILLIAM3 MCBRIDE (ALEXANDER2, ALEX1)1,1 was born 11 Mar 1832 in Pennsylvania, and died 13 Jul 1908 in Pennsylvania1,1. He married ELIZA TAYLOR1 12 Sep 1855, daughter of GEORGE TAYLOR and REBECCA KELLY. She was born 23 Sep 18381, and died 15 Mar 18991.
Notes for WILLIAM MCBRIDE:
William McBride enlisted in the 103rd Regiment, Company I, 12-13-1861. He was a Sergent. Shot in the neck and taken prisoner for about seven or eight months in Andersonville Prison. He was discharged 6-12-____.
Children of WILLIAM MCBRIDE and ELIZA TAYLOR are:
23. i. AUSTIN E.4 MCBRIDE, b. 05 May 1858.
ii. JOHN A. MCBRIDE, b. 22 Feb 1860; d. 06 Nov 1880.
iii. THOMAS GEORGE MCBRIDE, b. 18 Apr 1866; d. 05 Jul 1895; m. ESTELLE SEARING, 05 Feb 1895; b. Abt. 1866.
iv. FRED W. MCBRIDE, b. 08 Nov 1870; d. 1936; m. CYNTHIA ROSE COULTER, 09 Nov 1904; b. Abt. 1870.
8. ROBERT MUNSON3 MCBRIDE (ALEXANDER2, ALEX1)1,1 was born 22 Aug 1834 in Butler Co., Pa, and died 03 Jun 1914 in Westmoreland Co., Pa.. He married SARAH JANE MARTIN1 14 Oct 1858 in Plain Grove, Mercer Co., Pa., daughter of WILLIAM MARTIN and MARGARET MARSHALL. She was born 02 Jan 18381, and died 26 May 1903 in New Castle, Lawrence Co., Pa..
Notes for SARAH JANE MARTIN:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Died Tuesday May 26 1903
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
THEY HAVE GONE TO
THE GREAT BEYOND
Record of Deaths of People Here and Elsewhere
Mrs. Sarah J. McBride
Mrs. Sarah J., wife of Robert M. McBride, and sister of Attorney James M. Martin, passed away at the family home, corner of County Line and Walnut streets, Tuesday morning after a prolonged illness.
Mrs. McBride had not been in robust health for several years, and evidence of a serious breakdown were manifested about a year ago. During the following months she was able to be about the house part of the time, and even occasionally to go into the home of a near neighbor. Several times however, she seemed very near death's door, and her family, of late, had very little hope that she would ever be well again.
A week ago Sunday she was taken alarmingly ill, and she continued to fail rapidly until death put an end to her sufferings. Opiates were administered Monday night and she slept quietly, but when she woke in the morning she was seized with a paroyxsm of coughing, and about 6:30 o'clock she breathed her last. Tubercular trouble was the ciuse of dissolution.
Mrs. McBride was 64 years old and was born in Scott township, this county. She was a daughter of William Martin, a prominent resident of Scott township, and had lived practically all of her life in this county. After her marriage she lived on a farm for the greater part of her married life, and eight years ago the family moved to New Castle, where they have since resided.
When a young girl only 16 years of age, Mrs. McBride united with the Plain Grove Presbyterian church and the profession of religion she made in her youth bore fruitage in a life which abounded in kindly deeds, and true christian service. After her removal to this city Mrs. McBride identified herself with the Central Presbyterian church.
Mrs. McBride leaves besides her husband, seven children. They Mrs. William McCune of Plain Grove, William McBride of Pittsburgh, Mrs. Newton Clark, Mrs. William White of New Castle, and Miss Fannie and Miss Myra McBride and Reed W., at home. One brother also survives, James M. Martin, Esq.,, of this city.
Services at the residence Wednesday evening at 7:30 o'clock. Thursday morning carriages leave Lutton's at 7:30 o'clock for services in the Plain Grove Presbyterian church at 10:30. Internment at Plain Grove cemetery.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Children of ROBERT MCBRIDE and SARAH MARTIN are:
24. i. CORA IDA4 MCBRIDE, b. 14 Jun 1859, Westmoreland Co., Pa.; d. 06 Feb 1940, Westmoreland Co., Pa..
ii. LAURA LUELLA MCBRIDE, b. 07 Jan 1861; d. 21 May 1869.
iii. MARY MARGARET MCBRIDE, b. 01 Aug 1863; d. 28 Dec 1863.
25. iv. NETTIE MAY MCBRIDE, b. 10 Feb 1865; d. 17 Jul 1941.
26. v. MINNIE MADAVELLE MCBRIDE, b. 03 Mar 1867; d. 17 Feb 1931.
27. vi. WILLIAM ALEXANDER MCBRIDE, b. 20 Dec 1868; d. 14 Jan 1905.
vii. FANNY LURETTE MCBRIDE, b. 09 Jul 1872; d. Mar 1963; m. JUDSON C. NORRIS, 10 Nov 1921; b. 02 Nov 1863; d. 05 Jan 1927.
Notes for FANNY LURETTE MCBRIDE:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Mrs. Judson Norris Is Dead At 90
Mrs. Fanny L. Norris, 90, of 107 Lincoln Avenue., widow of Judson C. Norris, died in her home at 5 p.m. yesterday.
She had been in falling health for some time.
She was born in Plain Grove, July 9, 1872, daughter of Robert Munson and Sarah Jane Martin McBride. Her husband, a former city councilman, died 30 years ago. The couple were united in marriage Nov. 10, 1921.
Mrs. Norris was amember of First Presbyterian Church.
She is survived by one brother, Robert Reed McBride of Warren, Ohio.; 12 nieces and nephews.
Friends will be received in the Robert A. Myers Home For Funerals, 208 N. Jefferson St., today from 7 to 9 p.m.
Services will be conducted in the funeral home tomorrow at 2:30 p.m. with Dr. Gene Stone officiating. Internment will be in Graceland Cemetery.
viii. FRANK MARTIN MCBRIDE, b. 27 Oct 1874; d. 15 Mar 1905.
ix. SARAH ALMIRA MCBRIDE, b. 16 Aug 1877; d. 25 Jun 1949.
28. x. ROBERT REED MCBRIDE, b. 29 Sep 1884; d. Dec 1966.
9. GEORGE DENNISON3 MCBRIDE (ALEXANDER2, ALEX1)1 was born 10 Jun 1837 in Pennsylvania, and died 10 Mar 1916 in Pennsylvania1. He married ANNIE STEVENS 30 Sep 1867, daughter of WILLIAM STEVENS and MARGARET BALTZELL. She was born 17 Jul 1840, and died 21 Jun 1910.
Notes for GEORGE DENNISON MCBRIDE:
George Dennison McBride enlisted in Company H. 7th Regt. 10-12-1861. Promoted to First Lieutenana 4-16-1863. Dischargde 11-4-1864.
Child of GEORGE MCBRIDE and ANNIE STEVENS is:
i. WILLIAM STEVENS4 MCBRIDE, b. Abt. 1870.
10. SAMUEL J. 3 MCBRIDE (ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 15 Dec 1839 in Pennsylvania, and died 16 Jul 1907 in Pennsylvania1. He married MARY DIADEMA COTTON 14 Sep 1869, daughter of HUGH COTTON and HANNAH DICK. She was born 28 Oct 1843, and died 26 Oct 1911.
Notes for SAMUEL J. MCBRIDE:
Samuel J. McBride enlisted in Company H, 78th regt. Penna. Vol. on its original organization at Butler, Pa. and was mustered into service of the United States on the 17th of September, 1861 for the term of three years as Sargeant. He received his commission as 2nd Lieut. 11-25-1862. On 2-6-1863 he was commissioned as 1st Lieut. by command of Col. Sirwell. He assumed command of Co. H, 78th Regt. 10-24-1864. Discharged 11-4-1864.
Children of SAMUEL MCBRIDE and MARY COTTON are:
29. i. EDWARD ALEXANDER4 MCBRIDE, b. 17 Sep 1870; d. 06 Mar 1952.
30. ii. MARY GEMELLA MCBRIDE, b. 19 Jan 1877.
Generation No. 4
11. ALEXANDER WALKER4 MCBRIDE (DAVID ARMSTRONG3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 01 Jun 1853, and died 25 Jan 1911. He married ALMA HANNAH WHARTON 07 Nov 1888, daughter of JACOB WHARTON and PHOEBE VOORHIES. She was born 30 Apr 1869.
Children of ALEXANDER MCBRIDE and ALMA WHARTON are:
31. i. ALMA BLANCHE5 MCBRIDE, b. 19 Jan 1890.
32. ii. EARL FREEMAN MCBRIDE, b. 06 Jun 1891.
iii. LAURA EMMA MCBRIDE, b. 21 Mar 1893.
iv. INFANT SON MCBRIDE, b. 26 Mar 1894; d. 26 Mar 1894.
33. v. MARY ELIZABETH MCBRIDE, b. 13 May 1897.
34. vi. JULIA WINIFRED MCBRIDE, b. 10 Nov 1903.
vii. MARGARET GEORGEANNA MCBRIDE, b. 31 Jan 1906.
viii. ROBERT QUINCY MCBRIDE, b. 20 Mar 1909.
12. LAURA EMMA4 MCBRIDE (DAVID ARMSTRONG3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 15 Oct 1858. She married JOHN A. VANHORN 27 Oct 1881, son of ROBERT VANHORN and NANCY MAGEE. He was born 14 Oct 1858.
Children of LAURA MCBRIDE and JOHN VANHORN are:
35. i. MARY ELIZABETH5 VANHORN, b. 04 Apr 1883.
36. ii. AGNES LAVIDA VANHORN, b. 19 Jan 1885.
iii. CHARLES HUNTER VANHORN, b. 27 Dec 1886; m. MARGARET E. JONES, 17 Nov 1920.
iv. INFANT VANHORN, b. 08 Jul 1902; d. 12 Jul 1902.
13. ANNA REBECCA4 MCBRIDE (DAVID ARMSTRONG3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 27 Feb 1861, and died 23 Jan 1939. She married (1) WILLIAM JR PEEBLES 24 Oct 1888, son of WILLIAM PEEBLES and SARAH PATTERSON. He was born 13 Dec 1838, and died 02 Oct 1898. She married (2) THOMAS A. COURTNEY 24 Jun 1903, son of THOMAS COURTNEY and KATHERINE CHRISTY. He was born 09 Jun 1848, and died 05 Apr 1931.
Child of ANNA MCBRIDE and WILLIAM PEEBLES is:
i. GENEVIEVE5 PEEBLES, b. 15 Feb 1890.
14. CHARLES4 MCBRIDE (DAVID ARMSTRONG3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 21 Dec 1867. He married EFFIE HUFFMAN 04 Feb 1903, daughter of ROSEBERRY HUFFMAN and ZILLAH POOL. She was born 04 Feb 1880.
Children of CHARLES MCBRIDE and EFFIE HUFFMAN are:
i. GEORGE HOWARD5 MCBRIDE, b. 04 Mar 1906.
ii. MARY ESTHER MCBRIDE, b. 25 Nov 1908.
15. MARY MELISSA4 KELLY (REBECCA JANE3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 27 Oct 1846, and died 20 Jul 1934. She married ALEXANDER MURRAY CORNELIUS1,1,1 18 Jun 1869, son of SAMUEL CORNELIUS and MARGARET MCCLYMONDS. He was born 06 Dec 1844, and died 23 Dec 19031,1,1.
Children of MARY KELLY and ALEXANDER CORNELIUS are:
i. CLARA ESTELLA5 CORNELIUS, b. 02 May 1870.
ii. RAYMOND SAMUEL CORNELIUS, b. 28 Oct 1871.
iii. JANE MARGARET CORNELIUS, b. 11 Dec 1874.
iv. FLORENCE MAY CORNELIUS, b. 13 Feb 1877; d. 22 Dec 1915.
v. LAWRENCE KELLY CORNELIUS, b. 22 Nov 1878.
37. vi. JESSE CORNELIUS CORNELIUS, b. 24 May 1881; d. 15 Aug 1924, Pennsylvania.
16. SILAS WINFIELD4 KELLY (REBECCA JANE3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 01 Mar 1849, and died 15 Aug 1924. He married LAURA WIGGINTON 30 May 1880, daughter of JOHN WIGGINTON and ANN BOULWARE. She was born 16 Dec 1859, and died 24 Aug 1926.
Children of SILAS KELLY and LAURA WIGGINTON are:
38. i. ANN5 KELLY, b. 27 Aug 1884.
39. ii. HARRY EUGENE KELLY, b. 12 Nov 1887.
iii. ESTHER REBECCA KELLY, b. 02 Jun 1897.
17. JOHN ALEXANDER4 KELLY (REBECCA JANE3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 27 Sep 1850, and died 25 Apr 1931. He married SUSANNAH MCCUNE 19 Aug 1879, daughter of DAVID MCCUNE and ELIZABETH HETTENBAUGH. She was born 04 Sep 1848, and died 24 Apr 1921.
Children of JOHN KELLY and SUSANNAH MCCUNE are:
i. ELLA5 KELLY, b. 23 Apr 1880; d. 05 May 1923.
40. ii. FERD H. KELLY, b. 14 Nov 1882.
iii. BENJAMIN KELLY, b. 15 Jan 1886; d. 05 Jul 1905.
18. SARAH REBECCA4 KELLY (REBECCA JANE3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1)1 was born 28 Feb 1855, and died in Pennsylvania1. She married JAMES MONROE KIESTER1 29 Oct 1884, son of JOHN KIESTER and SARA WILFORD. He was born 23 Jun 18391, and died 22 May 19051.
Children of SARAH KELLY and JAMES KIESTER are:
i. MARY JANE5 KIESTER, b. 22 May 1888; d. 12 Jul 1888.
ii. GEORGE MITCHELL KIESTER, b. 16 Sep 1889; d. 09 May 1916.
41. iii. DOROTHY KIESTER, b. 18 May 1894.
19. HARRY LINCOLN4 KELLY (REBECCA JANE3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 16 Aug 1865. He married ELLA JONES 30 Aug 1892, daughter of WILLIAM JONES and MARTHA DUNN. She was born 05 Sep 1865.
Children of HARRY KELLY and ELLA JONES are:
i. MARTHA MAY5 KELLY, b. 18 Jun 1893.
ii. ETHEL MARIE KELLY, b. 19 Jul 1895.
20. WILLIAM WALLACE4 MCBRIDE (THOMAS3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 24 May 1861 in New Castle, Lawerence Co., Pa., and died 27 Oct 1892 in Philadelphia, Pa.. He married ANNA BELL WHITE 29 Jun 1887. She was born 30 Mar 1866, and died 06 Feb 1894.
Child of WILLIAM MCBRIDE and ANNA WHITE is:
i. MARY BEISEL5 MCBRIDE, b. 06 Sep 1891; d. 22 Jun 1922.
21. WILLIAM ALEXANDER4 GILL (SARAH ANN3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 19 Jul 1855, and died 06 May 1906. He married MARY ETTA FISCHER 06 Apr 1886, daughter of ISAAC FISCHER and HANNAH WIMER. She was born 09 Mar 1857.
Children of WILLIAM GILL and MARY FISCHER are:
i. SARAH ETHEL5 GILL, b. 28 Jan 1887.
42. ii. FANNY M. GILL, b. 23 Aug 1889.
43. iii. BLANCHE ELIZABETH GILL, b. 18 Sep 1892.
iv. LONA MAY GILL, b. 10 Dec 1894; d. 19 Jan 1905.
22. SAMUEL ARMSTRONG4 GILL (SARAH ANN3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 10 Sep 1867, and died 26 Dec 1916. He married FLORENCE HEMMINGER 25 Dec 1890. She was born Abt. 1867.
Children of SAMUEL GILL and FLORENCE HEMMINGER are:
44. i. WILLIS5 GILL, b. 19 Sep 1891.
ii. SARAH JANE GILL, b. 14 Dec 1894.
iii. SAMUEL CRAWFORD GILL, b. 22 Oct 1897.
23. AUSTIN E.4 MCBRIDE (WILLIAM3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 05 May 1858. He married JENNIE HUTCHINSON 02 Dec 1884, daughter of JAMES HUTCHINSON and ANNA BOYD. She was born 22 Nov 1861, and died 12 May 1928.
Child of AUSTIN MCBRIDE and JENNIE HUTCHINSON is:
i. JOHN B.5 MCBRIDE, b. 24 Jul 1887; m. ABBIE JOHNSON.
24. CORA IDA4 MCBRIDE (ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 14 Jun 1859 in Westmoreland Co., Pa., and died 06 Feb 1940 in Westmoreland Co., Pa.. She married WILLIAM MCCUNE 15 Nov 1883 in Scott Twp., Lawrence Co., Pa., son of JAMES MCCUNE and HANNAH ADAMS. He was born 29 Jul 1856 in Plain Grove, Lawrence Co., Pa., and died 07 Jun 1918 in Plain Grove, Lawrence Co., Pa..
Children of CORA MCBRIDE and WILLIAM MCCUNE are:
45. i. JAMES ELLIOTT5 MCCUNE, b. 15 Sep 1884.
46. ii. MARTHA MARTIN MCCUNE, b. 14 Nov 1886.
47. iii. HANNAH MAY MCCUNE, b. 01 May 1889.
48. iv. JOHN SR FRANCIS MCCUNE, b. 09 Nov 1891.
49. v. WILLIAM MYRON MCCUNE, b. 06 Sep 1903.
25. NETTIE MAY4 MCBRIDE (ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 10 Feb 1865, and died 17 Jul 1941. She married GEORGE NEWTON CLARK 15 Nov 1883, son of SAMUEL CLARK and SARAH BLAIR. He was born 17 Dec 1854, and died 10 Oct 1945.
Children of NETTIE MCBRIDE and GEORGE CLARK are:
i. JESSIE MADAVELLE5 CLARK, b. 03 Dec 1884; m. ASHLEY H. HILL, 21 Jul 1913; b. 14 Sep 1882; d. 22 Dec 1935.
ii. SAMUEL LESLIE CLARK, b. 21 Jan 1885.
50. iii. MARGARET ETHEL CLARK, b. 01 Apr 1888.
26. MINNIE MADAVELLE4 MCBRIDE (ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 03 Mar 1867, and died 17 Feb 1931. She married WILLIAM MOREHEAD WHITE 15 Nov 1883, son of HUGH WHITE and MARGARET MOOREHEAD. He was born 17 Nov 1853, and died Nov 1936.
Notes for MINNIE MADAVELLE MCBRIDE:
Minnie McBride and William Morehead White had 6 children who survived to adulthood. My grandfather was their only surviving son and the oldest child. All 6 of the children attented college which was quite an achievement in those days, especially for women. William and Minnie never owned their own home. Most of his life William was a proprietor of dry goods/notions stores. first in Clarksville, Pa. where all the children were born. Later, when my grandfather reached high school age, the family moved to New Castle so he could attend high school and William White opened a dry goods store there. (Info given by N. H. White Whitmer - decendant of this family.)
* * * * * * * * * *
Deaths of the Day
* * * * * * * * * *
Mrs. William M. White
Mrs. Minnie McBride White, wife of William M. White, member of one of the city's best known falilies, passed away Tuesday, February 17, 1931 at 9:30 p.m. at her home, 17 East North street, after a short illness.
Mrs. White was well known and held in the highest esteem in a wide circle of friends and her death brings sorrow not only to the members of her family, but also to the many people who knew her.
She was the daughter of Robert and Sarah Martin McBride, members of pioneer families of the county and was born at Plaingrove. Mrs. White was a graduate of Grove City College.
She was married to William M. White, September 10, 1885 and had spent practically all her life in this city. She was an active member of the Central Presbyterian church, also a member of Lawrence Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Surviving Mrs. White are her husband, William M. White, and the following children, one son, Robert McKinney White and five daughters, Mrs. Carl C. Hall, Mrs. Welty O. Rugh, Mrs. Paul L. Rowland and Dorothy B., and Helen E.., White at home, also four grandchildren and one brother, R. Reed McBride of Warren, Ohio., and four sisters, Mrs. J.C. Norris and Miss Myra McBride of Los Angeles, Cal., Mrs. Ida McCune and Mrs. G.N. Clark of this city.
Funeral services will be held at the home of her son, Robert McKinney White, 320 Hazelcroft avenue, Friday, February 20, 1931 at 2:30 p.m. with her pastor, Dr. C.B. Wingerd, in charge. The remains will be placed in Oak ----- Mausoleum at this time.
Mrs. White Funeral.
Impressive services, conducted by the Centarl Presbyterian church, marked the funeral of Mrs. Minnie McBride White, which was held Friday afternoon from the home of her son, Robert White, 320 Hazelcroft avenue. Dr. Wingerd spoke in the highest terms of the noble Christian character of Mrs. White, who had been called to her home beyond.
Internment was made in Oak Park cemetery, with members of Mr. White's Bible class of the Central Presbyterian church bearing her to hre last resting place, surrounded by the beautiful floral tributes of sorrowing relatives and friends.
Those acting as pallbearers were Earl Leslie, James Thompson, John Ellison, Charles teets, Lowry Wilson, Charles McCollum, Carl Wilson and Fred Weiss.
* * * * * * * * * * *
Children of MINNIE MCBRIDE and WILLIAM WHITE are:
51. i. ROBERT MCKINNEY5 WHITE, b. 11 Jun 1886; d. 06 Nov 1964.
ii. WILLIAM RICHARDSON WHITE, b. 04 Apr 1888; d. 26 Mar 1889.
iii. MARGARET LEORETTA WHITE, b. 03 Jan 1890; d. 10 Oct 1964; m. CARL CHIVTON HALL, 29 Apr 1928; b. 24 Aug 1892.
52. iv. LEAH CLAIRE WHITE, b. 26 Jan 1892; d. Jun 1968.
53. v. SARA MADAVELLE WHITE, b. 26 Mar 1895.
vi. DOROTHY BEATRICE WHITE, b. 24 Jun 1897; d. 05 Feb 1951; m. FRANK BALYETT VANTILBURG, 04 Jun 1935; b. 19 Dec 1897; d. 01 Jan 1968.
vii. EMILY WHITE, b. 18 Jun 1902; d. 03 Jul 1902.
viii. HELEN ELIZABETH WHITE, b. 24 Aug 1904.
ix. JOHN EDWIN WHITE, b. 04 Nov 1907; d. 18 Nov 1907.
27. WILLIAM ALEXANDER4 MCBRIDE (ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 20 Dec 1868, and died 14 Jan 1905. He married EVA R. KILDOO 24 Dec 1891, daughter of HIRAM KILDOO and LOUISE SHAFFER. She was born 02 Oct 1868, and died 04 Feb 1956.
Notes for WILLIAM ALEXANDER MCBRIDE:
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Died Jan 14 1905
* * * * * * * * * * * *
KILLED AT PITTSBURG
William M'Bride, Son of R.M. M'Bride Met Death While Working
A most distressing accident occured on Saturday afternoon in Pittsburgh, which resulted in the death of William A. McBride, aged 37 years, of that place.
Mr. McBride was a machinist and while at work at the Nestall Gear Works, on a raised platform, it is supposed that he came in contact with an electric wire. The shock caused him to fall fracturing his skull. He never regained consciousness, but passed away a few hours later at the Allegheny General Hospital, where he was conveyed after the accident.
He was a member and also an elder in the Park Avenue Presbyterian Church of Pittsburgh. His wife was formerly Miss Eva Kildoo of Rose Point, and she with their two little sons, Percy and Robert Paul, are left to mourn the loss of the kindest husbands and father.
Mr. McBride is survived by his father, R.M. McBride, of this city, his mother having passed away about two years ago, also by his sisters, Mrs. William McCune, of Plain Grove; Mrs. G.N. Clarke, Mrs. William White, Miss Fannie and Myra McBride and one brother, Reed McBride, all of this city.
Funeral services will be conducted from the residence of his father, R.M. McBride, 38 County Line street, on Tuesday afternoon at 3 o'clock. Internment at Graceland Cemetery on Wednesday morning.
Coaches from Offutt's.
Children of WILLIAM MCBRIDE and EVA KILDOO are:
54. i. DR. WILLIAM PERCY5 MCBRIDE, b. 16 Nov 1895.
55. ii. ROBERT SR PAUL MCBRIDE, b. 04 Jun 1898.
28. ROBERT REED4 MCBRIDE (ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 29 Sep 1884, and died Dec 1966. He married (1) CLARA ELIZABETH STRIGHT 29 Jan 1907, daughter of IRA STRIGHT and ROSALINE MOORE. She was born 11 Dec 1878, and died 27 Oct 1965. He married (2) KIZZIE MAY HOCKENBERRY ARBLASTER 25 Feb 1957. She was born 22 May 1893.
Child of ROBERT MCBRIDE and CLARA STRIGHT is:
i. HELEN FIDELLA5 MCBRIDE, b. 23 Nov 1908; m. WILLIAM WADE DILL, 14 Apr 1934; b. 22 Aug 1908.
29. EDWARD ALEXANDER 4 MCBRIDE (SAMUEL J.3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 17 Sep 1870, and died 06 Mar 1952. He married LYDIA ADA ALLISON 25 Dec 1895, daughter of ANDREW ALLISON and SUSANN MCFARLAND. She was born 10 Oct 1873, and died 27 Mar 1933.
Notes for EDWARD ALEXANDER MCBRIDE:
Edward A. McBride buried beside his wife Lydia Ada Allison at Slippery Rock cemetery.
Notes for LYDIA ADA ALLISON:
Lydia Ada Allison is buried beside her husband Edward A. McBride at Slippery Rock cemetery.
Child of EDWARD MCBRIDE and LYDIA ALLISON is:
56. i. RALPH ALLISON5 MCBRIDE, b. 30 Jan 1897; d. 21 Apr 1983.
30. MARY GEMELLA 4 MCBRIDE (SAMUEL J.3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 19 Jan 1877. She married WILLIAM COOK 08 Aug 1908. He was born 17 Jul 1876.
Child of MARY MCBRIDE and WILLIAM COOK is:
i. GEMELLA5 COOK.
Generation No. 5
31. ALMA BLANCHE5 MCBRIDE (ALEXANDER WALKER4, DAVID ARMSTRONG3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 19 Jan 1890. She married HARRY C. UREY 09 Dec 1913, son of PETER UREY and ELIZA HETTRENBAUGH. He was born 24 Dec 1886.
Children of ALMA MCBRIDE and HARRY UREY are:
i. ESTHER MAE6 UREY, b. 16 Dec 1916.
ii. MARGARET LUCILLE UREY, b. 06 May 1920.
32. EARL FREEMAN5 MCBRIDE (ALEXANDER WALKER4, DAVID ARMSTRONG3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 06 Jun 1891. He married GERTRUDE C. ANDREWS 09 Sep 1913, daughter of JAMES ANDREWS and ALICE SHEELER. She was born 12 Jan 1889.
Children of EARL MCBRIDE and GERTRUDE ANDREWS are:
i. ALICE VERNE6 MCBRIDE, b. 14 Jul 1914.
ii. GERTRUDE ADELLE MCBRIDE, b. 23 Jun 1918.
iii. JANICE ARLENE MCBRIDE, b. 17 May 1928.
33. MARY ELIZABETH5 MCBRIDE (ALEXANDER WALKER4, DAVID ARMSTRONG3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 13 May 1897. She married JOHN H. WILLIAMS 10 May 1927, son of JOHN WILLIAMS and HARRIET WYNNE. He was born 02 Oct 1893.
Child of MARY MCBRIDE and JOHN WILLIAMS is:
i. BRIAN LESLIE6 WILLIAMS, b. 30 May 1929.
34. JULIA WINIFRED5 MCBRIDE (ALEXANDER WALKER4, DAVID ARMSTRONG3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 10 Nov 1903. She married HARRY H. WILLIAMS 14 Nov 1928. He was born 05 Apr 1898.
Child of JULIA MCBRIDE and HARRY WILLIAMS is:
i. SUSANN JOY6 WILLIAMS, b. 25 Dec 1934.
35. MARY ELIZABETH5 VANHORN (LAURA EMMA4 MCBRIDE, DAVID ARMSTRONG3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 04 Apr 1883. She married JOSEPH A. RUDGE 12 Aug 1916.
Children of MARY VANHORN and JOSEPH RUDGE are:
i. JOSEPH JAMES6 RUDGE, b. 04 Jun 1917.
ii. CHARLES VANHORN RUDGE, b. 02 Feb 1919.
36. AGNES LAVIDA5 VANHORN (LAURA EMMA4 MCBRIDE, DAVID ARMSTRONG3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 19 Jan 1885. She married FREDERICK HYLE 21 Jul 1914.
Children of AGNES VANHORN and FREDERICK HYLE are:
i. JOHN FREDERICK6 HYLE, b. 14 Jun 1915.
ii. LAURA LOUISE HYLE, b. 07 Jun 1918.
37. JESSE CORNELIUS5 CORNELIUS (MARY MELISSA4 KELLY, REBECCA JANE3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 24 May 1881, and died 15 Aug 1924 in Pennsylvania1. He married LUELLA KRAUSE 05 Nov 1917, daughter of THIELIO KRAUSE and MINNA HELMBOLD. She was born 12 Aug 1889.
Children of JESSE CORNELIUS and LUELLA KRAUSE are:
i. ALEXANDER MURRAY6 CORNELIUS, b. 06 Sep 1919.
ii. DAVID KRAUSE CORNELIUS, b. 24 Feb 1924.
38. ANN5 KELLY (SILAS WINFIELD4, REBECCA JANE3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 27 Aug 1884. She married ROBERT MCDOWELL SR ROBINSON 08 Jun 1904, son of ROBERT ROBINSON and FANNIE MCDOWELL. He was born 24 Nov 1873.
Children of ANN KELLY and ROBERT ROBINSON are:
i. ROBERT MCDOWELL JR6 ROBINSON, b. 08 Feb 1906; m. MYRA ANNA CAMPBELL, 26 Dec 1928; b. 27 Mar 1906.
57. ii. WINFIELD WALLACE ROBINSON, b. 02 Jul 1908.
iii. EUGENE ALDO ROBINSON, b. 13 Oct 1909.
39. HARRY EUGENE5 KELLY (SILAS WINFIELD4, REBECCA JANE3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 12 Nov 1887. He married CECIL LOWRY 22 Jan 1919, daughter of WILLIAM LOWRY and ANNA ZIEGLER. She was born 19 Aug 1889.
Children of HARRY KELLY and CECIL LOWRY are:
i. DONALD LOWRY6 KELLY, b. 11 Feb 1920.
ii. ALFRED BRINKLER KELLY, b. 19 Aug 1925.
40. FERD H.5 KELLY (JOHN ALEXANDER4, REBECCA JANE3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 14 Nov 1882. He married MARGUERITE FLEMING 01 Sep 1910, daughter of THOMAS FLEMING and ELIZABETH BRACKETT. She was born 29 Jan 1882.
Children of FERD KELLY and MARGUERITE FLEMING are:
i. KATHERINE ELIZABETH6 KELLY, b. 25 Jan 1913.
ii. HELEN CHARLOTTE KELLY, b. 22 Nov 1914.
41. DOROTHY5 KIESTER (SARAH REBECCA4 KELLY, REBECCA JANE3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 18 May 1894. She married EUGENE MCLAREN 20 Apr 1914, son of PETER MCLAREN and KATHLEEN CHASE. He was born 20 Aug 1892.
Children of DOROTHY KIESTER and EUGENE MCLAREN are:
i. KATHLEEN6 MCLAREN, b. 11 Dec 1914.
ii. BARBARA FRANCES MCLAREN, b. 16 Aug 1916.
42. FANNY M.5 GILL (WILLIAM ALEXANDER4, SARAH ANN3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 23 Aug 1889. She married FRANK J. COOPER 29 Nov 1916, son of JAMES COOPER and ANNA DAVIS. He was born 22 Nov 1888.
Children of FANNY GILL and FRANK COOPER are:
i. JESSE GILL6 COOPER, b. 20 Sep 1920.
ii. FRANK MCCLELLAND COOPER, b. 06 Aug 1926.
iii. JOAN COOPER, b. 23 Apr 1932.
43. BLANCHE ELIZABETH5 GILL (WILLIAM ALEXANDER4, SARAH ANN3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 18 Sep 1892. She married ROBERT WHITE LINTON, son of GAU LINTON and MARY QUIGLEY.
Children of BLANCHE GILL and ROBERT LINTON are:
i. DOROTHY MAY6 LINTON, b. 07 Nov 1911.
ii. ANNA MARIE LINTON, b. 25 Dec 1917.
44. WILLIS5 GILL (SAMUEL ARMSTRONG4, SARAH ANN3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 19 Sep 1891. He married DORA TINKER 04 Jun 1923.
Children of WILLIS GILL and DORA TINKER are:
i. DOROTHY6 GILL, b. 1923.
ii. BERTHA GILL, b. 1925.
iii. CORA GILL, b. 1927.
45. JAMES ELLIOTT5 MCCUNE (CORA IDA4 MCBRIDE, ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 15 Sep 1884. He married AGNES BROWN 06 Jan 1910, daughter of WILLIAM BROWN and MARGARET DANIELLS. She was born 25 May 1888.
Children of JAMES MCCUNE and AGNES BROWN are:
i. CORA MARGARET6 MCCUNE, b. 06 Aug 1910; m. LESTER ETON WAGNER, 26 Jun 1935; b. 01 Jun 1903.
ii. MARTHA MAY MCCUNE, b. 26 Jun 1912.
iii. WILLIAM BROWN MCCUNE, b. 30 Aug 1913.
46. MARTHA MARTIN5 MCCUNE (CORA IDA4 MCBRIDE, ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 14 Nov 1886. She married FRED A. HOLMES 20 Aug 1915, son of JOHN HOLMES and ELIZA NICHOLLS. He was born 06 Mar 1878.
Children of MARTHA MCCUNE and FRED HOLMES are:
i. MARY ELLEN6 HOLMES, b. 06 Sep 1918.
ii. JOHN WILLIAM HOLMES, b. 27 Jun 1921.
iii. GEORGE HARRY HOLMES, b. 18 Aug 1926.
47. HANNAH MAY5 MCCUNE (CORA IDA4 MCBRIDE, ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 01 May 1889. She married ROBERT P. PEEBLES 30 Jun 1916, son of JAMES PEEBLES and LAURA POLLOCK. He was born 31 May 1891.
Children of HANNAH MCCUNE and ROBERT PEEBLES are:
i. IDA JOSEPHINE6 PEEBLES, b. 03 Oct 1917.
ii. MARTHA AGNES PEEBLES, b. 01 Jan 1920.
iii. HANNAH LOUISE PEEBLES, b. 12 Jun 1923.
iv. LUELLA MAY PEEBLES, b. 23 Jan 1928.
48. JOHN SR FRANCIS5 MCCUNE (CORA IDA4 MCBRIDE, ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 09 Nov 1891. He married ALICE MILES 10 Jun 1919, daughter of GEORGE MILES and ALICE SHANKWEILER. She was born 13 Oct 1893.
Children of JOHN MCCUNE and ALICE MILES are:
i. JOHN JR FRANCIS6 MCCUNE, b. 21 Oct 1921.
ii. ALICE MILES MCCUNE, b. 23 Apr 1923.
49. WILLIAM MYRON5 MCCUNE (CORA IDA4 MCBRIDE, ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 06 Sep 1903. He married KATHERINE M. ENGLISH 15 Jan 1930, daughter of J. ENGLISH and BESSIE MAYNE. She was born 27 Jan 1904.
Notes for WILLIAM MYRON MCCUNE:
William and Cora I. McBride McCune's family history is printed in full under the James and Hannah Jane Adams McCune history, which comes in second family, Rebecca Armstrong-James McCune.
Child of WILLIAM MCCUNE and KATHERINE ENGLISH is:
i. JEAN ENGLISH6 MCCUNE, b. 10 Jul 1931.
50. MARGARET ETHEL5 CLARK (NETTIE MAY4 MCBRIDE, ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 01 Apr 1888. She married JOHN BROWN TRUSEL 04 Sep 1911, son of GEORGE TRUSEL and ELIZABETH BROWN. He was born 24 Feb 1881.
Child of MARGARET CLARK and JOHN TRUSEL is:
i. HELEN BROWN6 TRUSEL, b. 24 Feb 1913.
51. ROBERT MCKINNEY5 WHITE (MINNIE MADAVELLE4 MCBRIDE, ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 11 Jun 1886, and died 06 Nov 1964. He married LUOLA JACKSON LITTLE 29 Dec 1909, daughter of MOSES LITTLE and MARGUERITE CLELAND. She was born 07 Nov 1882, and died 20 Apr 1953.
Children of ROBERT WHITE and LUOLA LITTLE are:
58. i. JACK LITTLE6 WHITE, b. 05 Feb 1912; d. 07 Jun 1996.
59. ii. ROBERT MCKINNEY JR WHITE, b. 15 Apr 1917; d. 13 Feb 1994.
52. LEAH CLAIRE5 WHITE (MINNIE MADAVELLE4 MCBRIDE, ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 26 Jan 1892, and died Jun 1968. She married WELTY OSBORNE RUGH SR 16 Jul 1915, son of HORACE RUGH and EMMA OSBORNE. He was born 29 Sep 1890, and died 01 Apr 1968.
Notes for WELTY OSBORNE RUGH SR:
Welty Osborne Rugh was an engineer in refrigeration plant in France. Served thirteen months in the world war.
Child of LEAH WHITE and WELTY SR is:
i. WELTY OSBORNE RUGH6 JR, b. 11 Feb 1919; d. 02 May 1950.
53. SARA MADAVELLE5 WHITE (MINNIE MADAVELLE4 MCBRIDE, ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 26 Mar 1895. She married PAUL LESLIE ROWLAND SR 10 Jun 1921. He was born 09 Mar 1894.
Child of SARA WHITE and PAUL SR is:
i. PAUL LESLIE ROWLAND6 JR, b. 04 Aug 1925.
54. DR. WILLIAM PERCY5 MCBRIDE (WILLIAM ALEXANDER4, ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 16 Nov 1895. He married MOLLY MURRAY 24 Sep 1930. She was born 06 Feb 1898.
Child of WILLIAM MCBRIDE and MOLLY MURRAY is:
i. ALEXANDER MURRAY6 MCBRIDE, b. 01 Mar 1933.
55. ROBERT SR PAUL5 MCBRIDE (WILLIAM ALEXANDER4, ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 04 Jun 1898. He married MARGARET WHITE 03 Aug 1920. She was born Aft. 1897.
Children of ROBERT MCBRIDE and MARGARET WHITE are:
i. ROBERT JR PAUL6 MCBRIDE, b. 01 Dec 1921.
ii. WILLIAM LOUIS MCBRIDE, b. 16 Aug 1923.
iii. GARLAND EUGENE MCBRIDE, b. 15 Nov 1926.
56. RALPH ALLISON 5 MCBRIDE (EDWARD ALEXANDER4, SAMUEL J.3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 30 Jan 1897, and died 21 Apr 1983. He married MARGARET ELEANOR BOOK 10 Aug 1920, daughter of LEANDER BOOK and SARAH DAVIS. She was born 10 Jul 1899 in Plain Grove, Lawrence Co, Pa, and died 15 Jan 1984 in Grove City, Pennsylvania.
Notes for RALPH ALLISON MCBRIDE:
Ralph Allison McBride enlisted as a Private in Company C, 324th Field Signal Battallion on 8-15-1918, at Butler, Pa. He was Honorably Discharged at Camp Meade, Md., 1-25-1919.
Notes for MARGARET ELEANOR BOOK:
Margaret and her husband, Ralph Allison McBride are buried at Slippery Rock cemetery.
Children of RALPH MCBRIDE and MARGARET BOOK are:
60. i. EVELYN MAE6 MCBRIDE, b. 12 Jun 1922, Slippery Rock, Butler Co, Pa.
61. ii. JAMES HAROLD MCBRIDE, b. 10 Sep 1923, Slippery Rock, Butler Co, Pa.
62. iii. RALPH BOOK MCBRIDE, b. 01 Feb 1928, Slippery Rock, Butler Co, Pa.
63. iv. JEAN ELEANOR MCBRIDE, b. 29 Jun 1930, Slippery Rock, Butler Co, Pa.
Generation No. 6
57. WINFIELD WALLACE6 ROBINSON (ANN5 KELLY, SILAS WINFIELD4, REBECCA JANE3 MCBRIDE, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 02 Jul 1908. He married LOIS SOMMERVILLE DELIGNY 12 Sep 1935.
Children of WINFIELD ROBINSON and LOIS DELIGNY are:
i. LOIS ANN7 ROBINSON, b. 19 Jul 1936.
ii. ROBERT WINFIELD ROBINSON, b. 25 Aug 1937.
58. JACK LITTLE6 WHITE (ROBERT MCKINNEY5, MINNIE MADAVELLE4 MCBRIDE, ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 05 Feb 1912, and died 07 Jun 1996. He married ELIZABETH MARIE DIETTERLE 09 Jul 1938. She was born 28 Feb 1914 in New Castle, Lawrence Co., Pa..
Children of JACK WHITE and ELIZABETH DIETTERLE are:
64. i. ELIZABETH ANN7 WHITE, b. 13 Apr 1939.
65. ii. LUOLA LITTLE WHITE, b. 02 Oct 1940.
iii. ROBERT ANDREW WHITE, b. 30 Dec 1946; m. TRACY TRUCHELUT, 29 Aug 1987.
66. iv. NANCY HARTMAN WHITE, b. 12 Apr 1951.
59. ROBERT MCKINNEY JR6 WHITE (ROBERT MCKINNEY5, MINNIE MADAVELLE4 MCBRIDE, ROBERT MUNSON3, ALEXANDER2, ALEX1) was born 15 Apr 1917, and died 13 Feb 1994. He married ANNA JEAN KELLY 25 Dec 1941. She was born 06 Mar 1920 in Cambridge, Ohio.
Children of ROBERT WHITE and ANNA KELLY are:
i. PAMELA7 WHITE, b. 16 Mar 1945.
ii. JEAN ANN WHITE, b. 20 Oct 1946.
iii. KELLY WHITE, b. 26 Apr 1959; d. 1990.
iv. JANE WHITE, b. 12 Aug 1961.
v. JACQUELINE WHITE, b. 12 Aug 1961.
ALEXANDER AND MARY ARMSTRONG McBRIDE
FAMILY OF (1) ALEXANDER and MARY ARMSTRONG McBRIDE
III GEN. Born Died
8. MARY ARMSTRONG ..................... 6 - 25 - 1785 4 - 21 - 1847
( Sixth Child of David and Sarah Harris Armstrong )
m. 5-20-1820 Alexander McBRIDE ... 12 - 20 - 1795 10 - 14 - 1878
( Son of Alex and Mary McBride )
IV GEN. - CHILDREN of Alexander and Mary Armstrong McBride
1055 DAVID ARMSTRONG McBRIDE ........ 2-26-1821 9-29-1879
m. 3-16-1848 Elizabeth STRUTHERS ...... 10-25-1825 6-23-1885
1056 REBECCA JANE McBRIDE ................ 6-27-1823 8-29-1909
m. 2-06-1845 Amaziah KELLY .................. 6-08-1821 4-30-1895
1057 ALEXANDER McBRIDE JR. ................ 3-23-1825 10-03-1906
1058 THOMAS McBRIDE .............................. 2-18-1828 6-02-1904
m. 11-06-1856 Eliza WINANS .................... 9-18-1834 11-12-1920
1059 SARAH ANN McBRIDE ........................ 1-14-1830 10-11-1913
m. 9-22-1850 Samuel GILL ......................... 2-10-1821 1-24-1899
1060 WILLIAM McBRIDE ............................... 3-11-1832 7-13-1908
m. 9-12-1855 Eliza Taylor ........................... 9-23-1838 3-15-1899
1061 ROBERT MUNSON McBRIDE ............... 8-22-1834 6-03-1914
m. 10-14-1858 Sarah Jane MARTIN ........... 1-02-1838 5-26-1903
1062 GEORGE DENNISON McBRIDE ........... 6-10-1837 3-10-1916
m. 9-30-1869 Annie STEVENS .................... 7-17-1840 7-21-1910
1063 SAMUEL J. McBRIDE ( 2 ) .......... 12 - 15 - 1839 7 - 07 - 1907
m. 9-14-1869 MARY D. COTTON ......... 10 - 28 - 1843 10 - 26 - 1911